FSH Test Strips
This test is suitable for you to do at home and measures the levels of F.S.H. in a sample of your urine (includes 3 tests).
Suitable for women with:
Directions for Use
Read all instructions carefully.
1. Determine the day to begin testing. You should take the first test on Day 3 i.e. 3 days after you start your period. Test 2 should be carried out 7 days later and the third test 7 days after the second test on so on.
2. Collect a urine sample in a clean and dry container.
3. To begin testing, open the sealed pouch and remove the strip. Do not remove the strip until you are ready to begin testing.
4. With the arrows pointing downwards towards the urine, place the test strip vertically (straight) into the urine sample, for at least 10 seconds. DO NOT allow the urine to go above the MAX (maximum) level line.
5. Remove the strip from the urine and place on a clean, dry surface. For best results you should read the results at 5 minutes.
6. Wait for coloured bands to appear. Depending on the concentration of FSH in the urine specimen, positive results may be observed in as short as 40 seconds. Do not read the result after 10 minutes. A positive result is where the test line is as dark or darker than the control line.
As I am sure you are aware a woman’s fertility starts to decline after she gets to 30 but what you probably did not know is that the hormone F.S.H. (follicle stimulating hormone) is intimately involved with a woman’s fertility and rising levels tend to be associated with reduced fertility. F.S.H. is the hormone that maintains the regular function of your ovaries and sex hormones it is a useful aid to assessing your fertility.
This test is especially useful for women with irregular cycles and women aged 30 or over. 3 tests are included and if all 3 test results are positive it is an indicator of reduced fertility and you should speak to your GP or a health care provider.